Training starts April 22, 2017!
Volunteers are the heart of our organization and a crucial part of our community. We seek reliable, friendly, compassionate and loving volunteers to provide care to the caregivers and their loved ones in Nevada County. Giving your time and energy to our volunteer family can be enjoyable and very satisfying. You will be providing necessary companionship and compassionate care to caregivers and their loved ones in their home.
If you are searching for a meaningful activity, and have a few extra hours a week to spare, we would love to speak with you about volunteering with One Source – Empowering Caregivers.
You do not have to hold a special degree or have any medical training, just a desire to help another person in need. We will train you.
To become a volunteer for One Source – Empowering Caregivers, please:
- Click on and fill out the Volunteer Preliminary Inquiry form on this page to tell us a little about yourself and your interests.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will then contact you to discuss our volunteer opportunities and answer any questions you may have.
- After you’ve talked with an OSEC team member, return to this page and download the full application and print it out by clicking on the Complete Volunteer Application. (You may also request an application be mailed to you.)
- Fill it out the application and bring it in with you when you come for your interview.
Additionally, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete the application, interview and screening
- Pass background, reference and DMV check
- Enroll in and complete training program provided free by OSEC
- Agree to work with Assessment Care Management Team
- Attend quarterly in-service and support meetings
- Commit to our Caregivers for 2 to 4 hours per week
Volunteers must be 18 years or older.